Creating a sweet buffet for the wedding or party may seem to be one of the easiest tasks which you often shirk for the last minute. But when you are trying to combine some budget ideas with creative presentation, and also want to make a mark of your own in the task in a genuine way, then you cannot keep this job for the last. That is why you will have to think about implementing nice ideas to make your own sweet buffet in an impressive way.
How to plan the sweet buffet
Understanding some basic things will always make the sweet buffet stand out in appeal and presentation, while giving easy access to your guests to the buffet without hampering the décor.
- If you plan to keep the candies in a jar, then ensure the mouth of the jar is not a bottle neck where through barely a hand can enter up to the wrist. If your guests have to struggle to enter the hand or fingers in the candy jar, and cannot bring out the hand with a handful of sweets then it’s of no use, and rather frustrating.
- Always remember not use transparent objects for storing candies when you are not displaying them totally in the open. Transparency tells the guests about what to expect inside the jar or bottle, while also increasing the visual appeal.
- Colors add to the appeal. And you should remember this while designing your sweet buffet. The more colorful you plan it the better it will attract attention.
- Colorful wrappers are also a great way to add to the sweet buffet if you cover some of the uni-colored boring looking candies with them.
- Wide mouthed jars and glasses, plates and dishes, and all such arrangements which keep the candy easy to grab are best choices.
- Adding lighting to the buffet is a good idea to illuminate and add to the glitter.
- You can cover all candies in a color theme by wrapping them up.
- Using toothpicks helps align soft sweets in a pattern.
- You can fill a jar with much less volume of candies when you place a transparent cup upside down inside the jar to reduce inside volume.
There are plenty of such tips and creative ideas to create your own sweet buffet. All you should do is bring on sweets, arrange the jars and plates etc, and think of a theme to align them and add color.